Wemding is a picturesque and romantic small city at the edge of the Ries. Wander through the streets and enjoy the silence of a small city. Inform yourself on the website of Wemding about sights, history, activities and so on.
The landscape arised by an impact of a meteorit. This is why it is of geological interest. In the 'Rieskratermuseum' in Noerdlingen, the formation of impact craters generally and the formation of the Rieskrater especially is explained. Nördlingen is a very interesting middle-aged town.
Further close-by excursions:
- canoe-/kayak tours for families and sportsmen
- Hiking on the 'Frankenweg' or in 'Geopark Ries'
- Biking and Hiking in Hohenlohe-Franken
- Excursions to "Fränkische Seenland" (ships, water sports)
- Spa in the 'Altmühltherme' and adventure bath Mogetissa-Therme: take a bath like a Roman
- mine for visitors "Tiefer Stollen" in Aalen
- Vernissages in Fichtenau
- 7-Hügel-Weg (Hiking)
- Appl's brewery and distillery producing seminars
about 60km away and more:
- Fugger town Augsburg
- Following Romans: German Limesstraße
- Limeseum Ruffenhofen
- middle-age towns: Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Dinkelsbühl, Nördlingen
- castle Schillingsfürst: falconry park
- LEGO-Land Germany in Günzburg
- Automobilmuseum Langenburg
- Auto- und Technikmuseum Sinsheim (Concorde, Tupolev,...)
- while Wies'n time: Oktoberfest München by train (Shuttle from Hotel to staition)
- Christmas time: Christkindlesmarkt Nürnberg